A team needs different members for different roles. It is important to choose who the best will constitute the group and why.
A good team is a group that works well together and achieves its goals on time. It is possible to anticipate this by being strategic in the composition of your team. A team is like a fruit salad: it needs different elements to make it successful.
Who are they?
Example: building a house
- Thinker: has a ideas to achieve – a house
- Designer: thinks of different ways to reach the goal – draws houses
- Expert: has the knowledge to require – knows how to build the house
- Organizer: sets up the work – orders stones, doors, windows etc.
- Booster: encourages achievement – finds the ground
- Perfectionist: thinks of the details – fill in the holes in the wall
- Activator: gives the first impulse – lays the foundation stone
- Coordinator: supervises the work – site foreman, ensures that the wall is done before putting the door in place
- Team worker: gives opinion, motivation, and work – constructors
Everyone has one (or more) role(s), but it is together that they work and achieve the final goal.
Find out if your team has all roles by participating to an AMAZING RACE. Test members abilities and how you go together.